✅ PECKISH (inf: a little bit hungry)
- There was no food in the fridge and I was feeling a bit peckish so I ate the cat.
✅ FAMISHED (inf: very hungry - from famine)
- Well, I've just walked 500km and I'm feeling famished. What's for dinner?
✅ GASPING (inf: very thirsty. From: to gasp for air)
- It's so hot today and I'm gasping. Seriously. Even a cold glass of Domestos would do!
✅ KNACKERED (inf: very tired/exhausted)
- Oh baby, I really don't want to meet your friends tonight. I'm knackered after working all day. And your friends are mental!
✅ CAN'T BE ARSED (slang: can't be bothered)
- I seriously can't be arsed to go into work today. Let's stay at home and watch kittens and puppies on Youtube instead.
✅ TO DO SOMEONE'S HEAD IN (inf: to cause stress/difficulty)
- All this grammar homework is doing my head in! Really! I know's it's A1 level but still! And your mum does my head in too!
✅ TO MEAN WELL (semi-formal: have the best intentions but fail)
- Let's not invite John to the wedding. He's a nice guy and means well but I know for sure he'll mess things up! - But you're supposed to be marrying him!!!
✅ BAKING (inf: very hot)
- It's baking outside today so wear as little as possible, grandma!